Wednesday, January 11, 2012

OUT and OUT Open mic tonite review

     Ok, let me start off by saying if you didnt come out tonight you missed a classic night! The 7 comics that came out were as followed:

The was sparked off by D Nice who rocked a 15 min set but the nigga told me he was do 4mins ...lol.  But the boy killed he gets a 7 out of 10. Points are taken away because I had to hit him with the light like 5 times.

     The next comic was the only female on the card, Julia (@juliabeingjulia on twitter) For her being fairly new to the scene, getting big laughs from a "urban crowd" goes to show that if you are funny the crowd will fuck with you. Julia you get a 8 sister.

     The 3rd comedain was Tyler Mezzerich or Missurich? FUCK, Tyler can you get a easier name to spell damn!?! ...lol. Fucked up name aside, everyone of the dude's jokes hit, even with the fact he did all new jokes. So that tells me they are all keepers. Ty you get a 6 just because I cant spell your name ...lol follow Tyler on twitter @tylermeznarich.

     Kumal also had a solid performance. A few hits and misses... but more hits then misses. Even still, he cleaned up well. I even loved his call backs and the way he made reading from his list funny. Crazy clever.

     Up next was the guy that will fuck a girl with his glasses on because its in HD... lol. The very funny Justin JW Peep Peoples(@jwpeep on twitter). The growth of the this kid is crazy. Another sharp night for him. His crowd work was spot on tonght, to the point he was just having crazy funny convos with the people in the front row. And i know Peep is going to read thi,s so Im not gonna score him ... FUCK YO SCORE NIGGA..LOL!

     The last two comedians I'll bunch together in a cluster fuck of high fives and at a boys....lol!
This it leads me to my man Alex Fanning (@fanningyourself on twitter). Fucking great set! His craiglist dating ad was crazy. Then to top if off, he read the the replies to the ad. It made the crowd pee on themselves. I think I peed a lil too. You can catch Fanning at Jack Sprat hosting LMAO in Chapel Hill, this Thursday at 9:00pm.

     Last but not least the vet of the group tonight, Derrick DT Thompson (follow DT on twitter @ddottdot). He started off with excellent crowd work and transtioned into dissing his least favorite rapper Drake. DT called the dude Bert from Sesame Street. Basically DT brought a solid set. It started off slow, but once it got going it was a runaway train of pure sick comedy.

    The host was the crown jewel of all these lames .... ok I wasn't but, it's my blog and I'll say whatever the hell I want to ...lol!!! I'll see yall in 2 weeks. Same spot, same time. Hit me on twitter if you want time and remember support live comedy




  

No comments:

Post a Comment